Take the challenge, Be a more confident diver
Learn to look after yourself and others and become a valuable part of the team by becoming a PADI Rescue Diver.
The next step in your diving once you are confident with your own skills, is how to look out for others on a dive. By far the most fun course — made even more fun with the help from the DMs as acting victims and difficult divers – you will really get the most of this course.
We love teaching it – the DMs love acting it and we know you will love learning it.
The PADI Rescue Diver course will build upon what you already know about how to prevent problems and what you should do as a rescue diver if they occur. You will learn the skills for:
- Recognising and Managing Stress in other divers
- Emergency Management and Equipment
- Rescuing Panicked Divers
- Rescuing Unresponsive Divers
The Rescue Diver before certified must have a valid and up to date First Aid Qualification. We teach the Emergency First Responder course which is affiliated with the PADI Rescue Diver course.
The course will cover:
- Knowledge development
- A wide range of topics including: The Psychology of Rescue, Recognizing Diver Stress, Accident Management, Assisting Responsive and Unresponsive Divers at the Surface and Underwater, Equipment Problems, Oxygen Delivery Systems, Missing Diver Procedures, Responding to Diver Emergencies and Inwater Rescue Breathing
- Minimum 5 days 4 nights stay to complete the course including the Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care
- You must be 12 years or older.
- Be a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver or similar
- Hold a current, (i.e. no more than 2 years old) CPR Primary Care and Basic First Aid Secondary Care qualification. If you do not have such a First Aid qualification then you can complete the Emergency First Response (EFR) course with your PADI Rescue Diver course
- You should be healthy to dive. You will be asked to self-certify you are healthy to dive before starting the course.
- You will complete the required pre-study for the course.
- You will complete the required paperwork (liability and assumption of risks) as per PADI course and diving standards.