Seaventures PADI IDC FAQsseaventures_ad
Find out more about the Instructor Development Course with Seaventures Dive Rig PADI 5* Resort
The IDC takes about 13 days to complete with the final 2 days dedicated to Instructor’s Examination.
Duration: 15 days
- 2 Days – IDC Prep
- 10 Days – IDC
- 1 Day – EFRI
- 2 Days – IE in Semporna Town
Course price: USD 3,100.00
Room Type: Standard Twin-Sharing. Dormitory quad-sharing room available.
- 1. PADI material as required for IDC (PADI Crew Pack including decal, EFRI). IF you wish to have the Digital version for the materials, please advice in advance.
- Classroom, course dives and training as required
- Accommodation and full board meals/drink. Not including alcoholic beverages
- Dive equipment use during the IDC only. It is strongly recommended that all candidates use their own dive equipment. Limited to BCD, Regs, Fins, Mask & Wetsuit only.
- Accommodation for 3D2N for Instructor Examination (IE) in Semporna. Room only, meals will be at candidates own expense.
- FREE Nitrox Specialty Instructor Training
- Pick up return transfer from Tawau Airport/Town/Semporna Town within scheduled time
- 2 days of Sipadan permit guaranteed. Additional permit is subject to availability and is at MYR 40.00 (conservation fee) per day/per diver.
- Unlimited diving under the Rig.
- PADI Fees payable directly to PADI
- Others not mentioned above
IMPORTANT! PADI IDC Prerequisites!
To enroll in a PADI IDC or Assistant Instructor course, an individual must:
- Be certified as a PADI Divemaster or equivalent
- Be fit for diving and submit a Medical Statement for a diving medical examination conducted within the past 12 months.
- Have been a certified diver for at least six months
- Have completed and logged at least 60 open water scuba dives
Note: To attend an IE, the instructor candidate must have at least 100 logged dives
- Have documentation of experience in deep, night and navigation diving.
- Submit proof of CPR and first aid training within the last 24 months.
Note: to become an PADI OWSI Instructor you need to be an EFR Instructor.
- Submit documentation of any qualifying certification for entry level, advanced, rescue and leadership-level issued by another recreational diver training organization. (PADI certifications do not need to resubmit.)
- If not a PADI Divemaster, successfully complete the PADI Divemaster course diver rescue skills assessment.
- Be at least 18 years old.
PADI IDC Equipment Requirements
Instructor candidates must have the following equipment:
- Fins, mask, snorkel
- Buoyancy control device with low pressure inflator
- Regulator with alternate air source and submersible pressure gauge
- Timing device, depth gauge and compass
- Knife/diver’s tool
- Slate and dive table
- Two surface signaling devices
- one audible (whistle, air horn, etc.)
- one visual (inflatable surface tube, flare, signal mirror, etc.)
- Weight belts, weights and tanks (provided)
- Pocket mask
Dive equipment included as part of the IDC with Seaventures are mask, snorkel, fins, BCD, regulator, wetsuit, weights and tank.