Green Fins Malaysiaseaventures_ad
Seaventures Dive Rig is pleased to announce that we are now proud member of Green Fins Malaysia.
How did we become a Green Fins Member?
Well first we had to sign up, adhere to and be assessed on a 15 point Code of Conduct as shown below.
We have committedto uphold all of the points of the Code of Conduct and in turn, Green Fins Malaysia assessors will come to the rig and make an annual assessment to ensure that we are sticking to our promises. Our first assessment went really well, where we received a high score and were accepted into the Green Fins family.
What else are we doing?
- We have introduced environmentally safe hand soap and cleaning chemicals across the rig.
- We are reducing our usage of single-use plastic across the rig. For example, this year we have changed to providing re-fillable glass water bottles in guest bedrooms as opposed to disposable plastic ones.
- Our dive team teach several Project AWARE courses about Marine Debris and Shark Conservation. And we have certified many of the dive team as Reef Check Malaysia ‘Eco Divers’. This means that they can assess the health of coral reefs across Malaysia.
- All of our dive briefings include an environmental awareness section.
- Finally, we have been working hard under the water to improve our house reef, including planting a coral nursery with its ability to sustain plenty of life.
By Janine Douglas